Spencer & Associates

Personal Injury Lawyers

Se habla español

24/7 contact Free Initial Consultation

Call Us Today: (818) 264-4776

We are Dedicated to Achieving Your Satisfaction.


  • "A very special thanks. I don't know what I would have done without you. You were always there when I needed you. You helped to make the worst experience of my life so much easier to live with.

    - Nancy F.
  • “Richard Spencer was there for us from the day after my accident, representing me and my wife, and there throughout the whole lawsuit until it was settled.

    - Felix D.
  • A little over year ago I found myself in need of legal counsel. It's stressful enough when you are in an accident that stops your life as you know it.

    - Marie K.
  • My son and I were involved in a major car accident and my son was seriously injured. I met Richard and he got my son the maximum we could get.

    - Eran F.
  • I've used Mr. Spencer's services a couple of times now and could not be happier with the level of service, his professionalism, and the manner.

    - Gabriel S.
  • Richard is my GO TO ATTORNEY, I know he will take care of my legalities and I trust Richard in every aspect of handling my law case.

    - Sandra B.

Can I still file a slip-and-fall claim if I was intoxicated?

Whenever you are a patron at a restaurant, bar or club in California, the premises owner has certain responsibilities to keep you safe. This means that they must do whatever is reasonably in their power to provide a safe space that is free of hazards. If their venue is not safe for one reason or another, they have a duty to immediately fix the issue or to close the premises until the hazard has been eliminated.

If you were recently injured at an establishment such as a club, restaurant or bar, it is important that you take the time to reflect on what happened.

If you can prove that a property owner's negligence was responsible for your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for both out-of-pocket expenses that resulted from your injuries and for any pain and suffering you suffered.

Can I still file a claim if I was intoxicated at the time of the injury?

If you consumed alcohol prior to the accident, it is entirely possible that being under the influence affected your physical abilities or judgement. However, if you were extremely intoxicated, you could make the argument that the establishment should not have been serving you to the point that you were at risk of causing injury to yourself.

Additionally, an establishment serving alcohol should make sure that their premises is safe enough for individuals who consume alcohol. For example, the stairwells should be well lit and there should never be spills or broken glass on the floor.

If you were injured at a bar, restaurant or club near Woodland Hills and you believe that a hazardous or dangerous premises caused or contributed to your injuries, it is important to explore your legal options.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Office Locations

Spencer & Associates
22801 Ventura Blvd
Suite 112
Woodland Hills, CA 91364

Phone: 818-264-4776
Get Directions